Position: Production / Facilities Manager
Location: Louisville, CO
Status: Part time, 15 hours per week
Salary: $15 per hour, plus bonus based on rental activity
CenterStage Theatre Company is the theatre place for Boulder and Louisville's kids, youth, and emerging artists. CSTC is dedicated to extending quality theatre to the Colorado community—especially in Boulder County.
This mission of CenterStage Theatre Company is to create artistic productions and programs that enlighten, educate and entertain our community. We inspire and nurture passion for the performing arts by providing opportunities for all ages and abilities.
CSTC staff members have successfully delivered productions by and for Boulder County emerging artists and youth for 10 years with performances at Boulder's Dairy Center for the Arts, Louisville Arts Center, and various other locations in and around Louisville and Boulder, Colorado.
CSTC recently moved into its own space at 901 Front St in Louisville. Our space includes a Dance Studio, Art room, Rehearsal room, Office and 70 seat Black box theatre. CSTC is looking for a person to take on two major functions related to successfully utilizing this space.
- Oversee facilities and develop and manage rental of excess space
- Serve as production manager to CSTC programming efforts
Rentals Development and Management Responsibilities:
Establish online presence of CSTC rentals. Potential tools includes ads, website, social media, other marketing sites.
- Proactively seek out potential renters:
- Attend meetings with business organizations.
- Find black box renters for concerts, shows, events, etc.
- Establish partnerships with organizations who may use facility on a regular basis
- Respond to rental inquiries in a timely fashion
- Maintain ongoing log of rental prospect communications showing progress made with each potential renter.
- Act as venue liaison for rental customers, including contracts, walkthroughs at beginning and end of rental period and answering general questions about the space
- Oversee venue lock-up, security procedures and door schedule
- Work closely with and report to the board of directors to develop policies and procedures for facility and annual facilities budget.
- Determine the necessary technical supports for rental events presented at the facility in advance of production dates and advise TD
- Maintain production, programming and rental online calendar
Facilities Management and Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement room cleanliness policies for renters and CSTC rehearsals / classes. Implement check in check out procedures and checklist
- Update door codes as needed
- Light janitorial duties as required as a member of the building's operations team, to ensure that the appearance and general condition of the lobby, restrooms, venues, and other building spaces are appropriate and contact landlord when needed
- Build good working relationship with building management
- Oversees maintenance of all spaces; making repairs when possible and coordinating with contractors for building issues that require specialization Oversees the general maintenance, safe operation, and circulation of shared building equipment; Operate, maintain, and safeguard the technical assets of the theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of emergency procedures and safety guidelines
- On call response to maintenance issues
Production Management Responsibilities:
- Work closely with show directors and CSTC Board of directors to determine show needs and budget.
- Set up audition signups in Signup Genius and show/class registrations in Active Works. Monitor enrollments and provide information to director or CSTC Board as needed.
- Set design and production deadlines in conjunction with the show director.
- Facilitate clear communications throughout the production process, and act as a liaison between directors, designers, stage managers, and CSTC production and administrative staff. Coordinate and conduct all design and production meetings.
- Anticipate and coordinate the technical and production needs of performances and events
- Track and reconcile all production expenses against budget and provide regular updates to director and CSTC Board.
- Aid the technical director to ensure that all technical requirements are met and equipment is available (Maintain inventory/calendar of any equipment leaving the facility)recognizing and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Execute contracts and all paperwork
- Consult with the Programming Committee on the next season’s production budgeting and calendar.
- Maintain database of CSTC shows, classes, and events including audience numbers, number and location of rehearsals and performances.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to maintain high quality customer service for audiences, performers, directors, staff, rental patrons and the general public is required.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, and able to balance multiple competing demands.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Show initiative to take on tasks necessary to ensure a successful production.
- Show initiative to curate a successful rental business finding creative ways to find renters and performers.
- Proficiency in Office Suite and Google Drive is required.
- Be an excellent creative problem-solver, and approach difficult situations with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Good at prioritizing, managing own workflow and coordinating the work of a production crew.
- Ability to thrive in a small, rigorous, team-oriented environment.
- A candidate with a network of colleagues in the field to consult with about various production needs is preferred.
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work with Photoshop and InDesign or other similar graphic design tools (preferred, not required).
Application Deadline: November 15th, 2018
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or -
Mail cover letter and resume to
CenterStage Theatre Company
901 Front St
Louisville, CO 80027
CenterStage Theatre Co is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from all candidates, regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to participation requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.